If you are looking for file sharing and cloud storage solution especially for an organization or business, it would save you from despair from not having known about certain finer points. At any point of time it is mandatory to do the basic ground work. Following are a few aspects you should check:
- Space offered -The space that you are buying or getting on cloud is very important especially in a business organization.This is simply because every organisation ends up collecting large number or data, files, documents, spreadsheets etc. With the huge amount of data in your hand, which is only going to increase as your business grows it is a safer option to opt for a larger cloud storage space preferably over 1 TB.
- Security of data stored–Security of the data stored especially on cloud is equally essential. As a business owner, one cannot afford the security of your data being compromised. Every piece of information related to your business is sensitive and critical which if not protected or saved on a secure cloud server could potentially ruin your business. Always ensure that a thorough check is done about the security of data storage offered by cloud storage service providers preferably look for services that over encrypted file storage.
- Ease of managing cloud storage–Not everyone is tech savvy and most of us prefer if managing data is easy without much ado. Being a business owner one already has their hands full running the day-to-day functioning on the business front. What a one would require at this juncture is a cloud backup service that is simple and easy to manage without too many technicalities.
- Quick data upload– We have all been through these scenarios where uploading data takes forever. There are times when synchronizing files are disrupted abruptly and one need to follow the entire procedure of selecting files/folder and queuing them up for upload. Not to mention the annoying wait time until the upload is complete. The cloud storage service that you looking at should ideally offer you a quick upload and download time.
- Business user’s needs and requirements – While most basic functions in every business organization are same yet certain functionalities differ. File sharing and security of the shared files plays a critical role when you have a business that requires you to constantly exchange data with a third party on with other business associates. It is advisable to invest in cloud backup services that gives you access to an admin panel. Through the panel, one can set controls for file access, link sharing and data collaboration within your business and outside your organization.
Knowing what you need and what your requirements are while choosing the best cloud storage solutions that would suit your organisations alleviates the biggest of your worries. It also offers a sense of security that you do not run out of storage space when it is most essential and your data is secure and accessible from anywhere.